Sunday, August 06, 2006

At the Alvarado

Last night I was on the deck at Sugarmill Creek. It was a good night. I enjoyed being back with my friends from Georgia and South Carolina. Thanks to Linda and Robert for the gift of the spoon. If you click on the photo it will enlarge and you'll be able to see all the details. This has a very special meaning for me as "At The Alvarado" is my favourite song on the album. When I wrote this song I was trying to create a mood and sound similar to the music I imagined would have been played there during it's heyday.

There was a heavy rain last night that cut short the show but it was much needed and appreciated. It seems this summer, that the rain followed me wherever I went. Maybe I can hire myself out as a "rain maker" The "Pied Piper" of rain clouds.

No comments: